Modbus multiloop PID control devices
- Up to 14 PID control loops
- Input types : Pt100, thermocouples, V / mA
- Serial interface RS422/485
- ModBus protocol (ASCII or RTU)
- Easly controlled by a SCADA, HMI or PLC
The line includes a series of controllers and temperature controllers particularly suitable in all applications that require the supervision and/ or control of many variables; The regulation algorithms employs PID technique at cycle time configurable. The PID control appears to be the best algorithm to ensure the accuracy in achieving and maintenance of the controlled variable, and is based on a well-established technique. The control action is dependent on
- the value of the error signal (proportional action),
- past values of the error signal (integral action)
- by how fast the error signal varies (derivative action).
All controllers are DIN-rail mountable and can be connected to a local operator panel (F1-10).
Several models are available, with different number of inputs and type of signal input / output : Pt100, thermocouples or linear sensors (V / mA).
The readings are accurate and reliable over time without the need of calibration.
For each loop you can configure the type of control (hot, cold, hot / cold, …), the type of output (on / off, time proportional , valve, …), alarm low , alarm high thresholds and many other parameters .
Supervision, SCADA, HMI
A RS422/RS485 serial interface with Modbus protocol (ASCII or RTU) allows you to connect multiple controllers to a master unit (PC, PLC or HMI)
All modules are connected locally to a local interface F1-10 . The possibility of a dual operator interface (local and remote) facilitates the management of the device.
Loops can be programmed to operate in the state of:
1) Closed-loop (feedback loop and closed pid algorithm enabled)
2) Open loop, ( manual operation ) : Input variables can be read, but their outputs are controlled via Modbus commands and the internal pid algorithm remains inactive .
Note that through the Modbus commands is possible in this state to set the power (%) to be supplied to the load.
The outputs will be enabled / disabled consequently.
3) Loop disabled: the relative outputs are disabled (safe condition).
The controllers are managed through Modbus ports (tags).
Recipes can be written but also imported easily from the device, then be modified and then written back to the device. The manual reports a list of Modbus ports (holding registers and coils).
Table of Products
|R2_120TC_en||6-channel PID controller. Thermocouple inputs.Transistor outputs.||Manual|
|R1_100_PN_en||14 channels PID controller. RTD inputs. Transistor outputs||Manual|
|R2_50_en||Dual channel Front Mounting universal controller||Manual|